View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 09:17 PM   #1
03TiburonGT
Stock

03TiburonGT is on a distinguished road
Default '91 Supra, good first car?

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and about a year or two into the whole automotive scene. I'm currently 15 and looking around at what cars I want for my first. I plan to get a year or so of driving expeiriance with my parents cars before I buy my first, this also gives me time to build up some funds. While looking around I saw that according to www.edmunds.com , a twin turbo 1991 Toyota Supra is not out of my possible price range. I plan to have ~$4500 saved up. I do like a quick car, but street racing most likely wont be tried, I plan to do it the safe way - on a track. I have some questions bout this vehicle that I hope you all can answer.

1. Would a 1991 Toyota Supra (Twin-turbo if i can find one) be a good first car?
2. I want to drive a stick after I get about a year or so of driving experiance, is this a good decision?
3. Do you think it would be feasible for find a 1991 Supra in my price range? ($3k - $5k)
4. What is the insurance rate on this car? I'm looking at integra's but insurance is through the roof!

The cars I am also looking at currently are:
'94 Integra GS-R
'93 3000GT SL
'95 Mustang GT
'90 RX-7 Turbo

I know that since I'm on a Supra forum that the answer to this next question is going to be incredibly biased, but which of the 5 do you think would be the best car for me?

Thank you for any and all help!
03TiburonGT is offline   Reply With Quote