Thread: Stock Block
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 05:43 AM   #49
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

SKILMATIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas
Thanks for posting those pictures - I agree that v8 looks kind of cool in a jza80 engine bay.

On the other hand, it's kind of a shame. With the bone-stock 2jz-gte block's ability to put out over 800rwhp, there's really no need to swap it out (imo). Personally, I'd rather see a 2jz-gte being used in a '68 Cuda than a V8 in a jza80.
I totally agree with that. Plus the 2jz is lighter than the v8 which would inturn cause for better handling and better et's.

Quote:
Although it might be capable of exceeding 1520rwhp, I sincerely doubt it'll ever make enough power to "put the 2jz to shame".
I also agree as well. One must calculate hp/weight.

Quote:
This does get a bit off-topic though. Although big single turbos, v8 engine swaps and nos are all ways to make more power, I'm waiting for SKILMATIC to fess up that he's way off base with his 650rwhp on stock block & stock twins GUESS. He guessed wrong - whether it was due to faulty arithemtic or his faulty knowledge about the size of the 2jz-gte's oem twins. I think it's pretty important that guys like Evilfurby don't go away from this thread thinking that he'll be able to make 650rwhp with his '97 mk4 tt, using only the oem twins and the stock block, after he buys it.
And I am waiting for you to admit you debacled yourself. You just admitted it was attainable with the help of something so cheap as nitrous. I was waiting for you to notice your own flaw. This is the second time you have done this to yourself. I hope this isnt a habbit for you.
SKILMATIC is offline   Reply With Quote