Old 01-01-2006, 05:31 AM   #47
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboz
im sure the 2uz-fe buttom end is tough or tougher then a 2jz

a built one did 1600whp and probely more haha

its the power deilvary that will put it to shame.. 2jz's will suffer alot more boost lag then a 2uz-fe turboed.. torque numbers and plot will put it away too =D
It has 57% more displacement and two more cylinders, so I'd hope it would at least have some small advantage on an unlimited-budget sponsored-race-team type of build.

Do you have any more data on that one that did 1600whp? I'd be interested in learning more about it.

This does get a bit off-topic though. Although big single turbos, v8 engine swaps and nos are all ways to make more power, I'm waiting for SKILMATIC to fess up that he's way off base with his 650rwhp on stock block & stock twins GUESS. He guessed wrong - whether it was due to faulty arithemtic or his faulty knowledge about the size of the 2jz-gte's oem twins. I think it's pretty important that guys like Evilfurby don't go away from this thread thinking that he'll be able to make 650rwhp with his '97 mk4 tt, using only the oem twins and the stock block, after he buys it.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-01-2006 at 05:33 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote