Thread: Stock Block
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 04:30 AM   #38
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

SKILMATIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas
You're not stating possibilities, you're stating idiocies.
Really? So your saying THAT JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING hasnt happened yet you are automatically going to rule that out as never being possible? Gee I am so glad Einstein didnt have the same views you do when thinking about constructing the a-bomb. Furthermore, I am so glad every single inventor didnt have the same pessimistic views as you do. The supra has always been gravely underestimated in everything it does. And every single time when someone puts their mind to bringing out the best in the supra they have exceeded everyones expectations. You should have a little more respect for your supra as you claim you own. IMHO, someone that owns a supra would never have the pessimistic views such as yourself.

Quote:
Omg not you too!? It's not possible! Really! Not even close! Hundreds of people have invested thousands of $ and literally years of time. There's just no way to get them to push more than very close to 500rwhp. In fact just getting to about 450rwhp (bpu++++) already costs at least a thousand $ (probably a lot more), AND you have to have a low-mileage Supra to get even that high.
BWAHAHA, what does mileage have to do with anything? I am assuming you are talking about mileage on the car not the engine. Because you said low mileage supra and not the motor. Well hate to break it to you mileage has nothing to do with power unless its on the motor. You could have a supra with 300,000original miles on it and just installed a rebuilt 2jz in it and it will and can be very powerful.

Quote:
Upon what data do you base your statement?
Likewise.

Quote:
It really doesn't "stress the car" at all. With a mid-size or large single turbo and race fuel, an Mkiv Supra can handle 650rwhp without any problem.
You mean to tell me that 650whp has the same stress tensions as having 400whp? Again, your brilliance amazes me. Now yes granted IMHO the motor can handle alot of power with little to no problems, but it is a given fact that the more power you put out the more stress the motor goes under.

Quote:
I agree that pushing the oem twins to their limit of 450+rwhp will be hard on them. Getting them past 500rwhp is near-impossible; getting them to 650rwhp is both impossible and rediculous.
Not impossible. Improbable is the correct term. Nothing is impossible in this genre.

Quote:
When I was running stock twins, I made about 400rwhp before I went to a single turbo, and that was full bpu+, with about 20 or 21psi of boost and race fuel. It doesn't matter where I would say "No More", because the stock twins do it for you. They say "No More" at about 25psi of boost and about 475rwhp at average-best, assuming your 2jz-gte is in very good condition and your turbos are low-mileage (ideally, less than 25,000 miles on them).
You SURE YOU OWN A MK4?
SKILMATIC is offline   Reply With Quote