View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 04:03 AM   #35
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboz
im not starting an arguement here.. but

a mk4 supra on a real race course was always raced with a different engine.. 3sgte in most of them.. and now 3uz-fe v8's..

partially because the races have hp limits.. 600ish hp
but the engine is lighter and their torque is much more useable then a 2jz's
the corolla rally car was pushing out 300whp with 650 lbs of torque =D

thats why i think a 2jz mk4 supra is the best at on "the run" races on highways.. you ll smoke so many people haha
I agree with you about the 2jz-gte - given the horsepower restrictions in those races, it's just not the optimal choice. On the other hand, you have to admit the vast majority of the drivers that have roadraced the mk4 hard core with 3sgte's are at a skill level quite a bit better than intermediate-level.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-01-2006 at 04:07 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote