Thread: Stock Block
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 03:59 AM   #33
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAFIK
I don’t really want to get into this hp battle (although very informational).
But I really don’t see the stock twins pushing that much psi and rwhp...
You're correct. They can't. Not even close.

Quote:
...It’s not impossible...
Omg not you too!? It's not possible! Really! Not even close! Hundreds of people have invested thousands of $ and literally years of time. There's just no way to get them to push more than very close to 500rwhp. In fact just getting to about 450rwhp (bpu++++) already costs at least a thousand $ (probably a lot more), AND you have to have a low-mileage Supra to get even that high.

Upon what data do you base your statement?

Quote:
...but who the hell would want to stress the car so much?...
It really doesn't "stress the car" at all. With a mid-size or large single turbo and race fuel, an Mkiv Supra can handle 650rwhp without any problem.

Quote:
...Pushing the stock tt limits it’s not good even with bpu's. I would probably start thinking of single or bigger tt upgrade around 500. Just my $0.02...
I agree that pushing the oem twins to their limit of 450+rwhp will be hard on them. Getting them past 500rwhp is near-impossible; getting them to 650rwhp is both impossible and rediculous.

Quote:
...Just for my info…anybody who is running stock twins,

How much are you pushing? What is your limit? Where would you say “No More”.
When I was running stock twins, I made about 400rwhp before I went to a single turbo, and that was full bpu+, with about 20 or 21psi of boost and race fuel. It doesn't matter where I would say "No More", because the stock twins do it for you. They say "No More" at about 25psi of boost and about 475rwhp at average-best, assuming your 2jz-gte is in very good condition and your turbos are low-mileage (ideally, less than 25,000 miles on them).

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-01-2006 at 04:02 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote