Thread: Stock Block
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 02:59 PM   #26
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Yeah apparenetly pwpanas didnt know which turbos are which. He told me he owned a mk4 supra. So then I tested him to see if he knew about the car.
Ok junior...whatever. Do you really think that anyone else on this thread is dumb enough to buy your "yeah I always knew that" BS? Prove that you knew the turbos are 12Bs. As you say "post a link". Without that proof, I'm the one that brought that information to this thread and educated you about it. Until then, I was letting you believe the oem twins were ct26s so you could try to explain why no one has ever made 650rwhp with them. Perhaps some of your original miscalculations were due to the fact that you were WRONG about the size of the 2jz-gte's stock twins. Ignorance is forgiveable, so fess up.

Fwiw, my own Supra no longer has ct12b's, since I've upgraded to a single turbo. Here's some more 'education' for you: when you upgrade an Mkiv Supra Turbo, there are only two reliable choices: you either max the oem twins (bpu), or you chuck them out (apu). After hundreds of unsuccessful attempts by Mkiv Supra owners, it's been determined that there's no reliable way to upgrade the ct12b's to anything larger, using the 2jz-gte's ct12b housings. The shaft is just too thin to support bigger wheels.

Now that I've clued you in to what they are, you now call the oem twins ct12b's. I simply call them too small.
Quote:
...So I purposefully said ct26 turbos were on the tock 2jz and they could produce a lotof power. Then he proceeded to debate with me on the amount of power they could produce and he never once exclaimed that what I said was wrong. I figure him being a mk4 owner would have caught something so easy.
Dude you're the one that was confused (and apparently still are) about why an mk4 can't make 650rwhp with oem twins. Call them what you will, they won't make that much horsepower. Period.
Quote:
Then he finally realized that his supposed mk4 didnt come with ct26's stock but rather c12's. This is all kinda fishy to me seeing as pwpanas supposedly owns a mk4 and has built severla bpu's and all the sudden dicovered that his stock twins werent ct26's. I simply let flamers dig their own ditch. It works everytime.
Riiiight. You go ahead and keep telling people that turbos mix intake & exhaust gasses and that the mk4's oem turbos can put out 40psi and we'll see who ends up in the ditch.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 12-31-2005 at 07:43 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote