Thread: Stock Block
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 09:23 PM   #12
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

SKILMATIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:

OMG! 40psi on the stock twins! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... that's the funniest thing I've ever heard. That's SO far out of their efficiency range it's rediculous. Even if you could get 40psi out of the oem twins without twisting their pencil-thin shafts to licorice...at that boost level they're super-heating the air, so you get more volume&pressure without any additional horsepower-producing oxygen.

How is that so rediculous? Did you know the turbo used on the evo stock which is a 16g boosts 19psi and the hot side and the ar housing and turbine wheel are smaller than the ct26 ? So why would a smaller turbo be able to put out more power? Maybe you need to clue yourself in on facts instead of what you want to believe. Also I dont know how afluent you are on turbocharging and boosting but the more pressure and heat you get the better AS FAR AS THE HOT SIDE IS CONCERNED. Now as far as oxygen is concerned you should be getting plenty as a turbo is designed to suck it in. I dont quite follow you on this. Could you please explain better? Remember a turbo mixes exhaust gases into the ambient air form the intake charge. So oxygen isnt a problem.

Quote:
...oh, and sorry to be the one clue you into the fact that turbo pressure isn't additive.
Huh? When did I say it was an additive? Pressure exists all around us.

Quote:
In order to get 40psi out of the stock twins, they'd BOTH have to be pushing 40psi (not 20psi each LOL ).
BWAHAHAHA umm.. incase you didnt know hey are sequential turbos and in a sequential setup you add the psi on each turbo to determine the total psi. Ask any professional technician that. A matter of fact call toyota up right now and ask them. If they were boosting 40psi each that would mean the engine would have a total boost of 80psi. One turbine spins on the lower rpms and when that boost tapers off the other turbo kicks in and finishes the job throughout the rpm band. Thus rendering the turbo setup to be added because they are in sequence of each other.

Quote:
Like I said, if YOU think that YOU can build a 640rwhp Mkiv Supra TT (stock twins), with a bone-stock 2jz-gte bottom end (even if you do cams, oversize valves or WHATEVER to the 2jz-gte head)...
I never said over sized valves. I said angle cut valves. Please brush up on your knowledge of machine work.

Again I dont need luck when its been done before with pure mathematics. Thats all engines are. Engines were built on the concept of mathematics. And so is every turbo system or blower system out there.

If you seriously tell me a mere 20psi to a ct26 is impossible while a 16g turbo can produce a 19psi stock then you sir are the laughing stock. I tell you what when I find that article I would appreciate it if you would renounce all your mubo jumbo. hahahha
SKILMATIC is offline   Reply With Quote