View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 03:53 PM   #1
lifesnotfair
3" Exhaust

lifesnotfair is on a distinguished road
Default Help! Question on front NOSE and bumper supports.

Hello folks.

I want to buy a front end conversion for my '88 Supra. It's a very pretty front, but I like the 89 better.

I see a "complete" set on eBay for around 230 bucks. A bit too pricey if you ask me, but I've been checking daily for weeks now, and see nothing. Now, I mailed and called the guy... first of all, he says it's almost 200 pounds. I was like: "WTF??" .. He says it's attached to some sort of "metal support", bue he could mail it without it. So here's the first question I've got: Do I actually need any kind of support? Or would the 89 bumper/grills/turn-lights bolt on directly to my car? I wouldn't mind drilling a couple of holes if needed. I need to ship this overseas so weight means more shipping money, so I don't wanna bring stuff I could do without.

Second question: the front NOSE... the piece above the bumper, at the end of the hood... Does it actually change? This guy said I need it, but from the pics, I see no difference between the 88 and the 89 nose, appart from the fact that mine's got a rectangular badge and this one (which is japaneze, btw, from a JZA70) has the normal Toyota badge, kinda circular.

Those are my two questions, I haven't found answers and obviously don't want them from him, as he would want to sell as more stuff as possible I guess.
lifesnotfair is offline   Reply With Quote