View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 09:24 AM   #4
Supraman1986
Stock

Supraman1986 is on a distinguished road

i changed my radiator cap yesterday, drove the car a bit, then this morning when i popped the hood to do the air filter i noticed coolant everywhere. investigated it and found that the radiator had popped its top seal, as well as a big crack had developed along the top of the radiator. would this have meant that my previous radiator cap was f****d? and now that it has a decent one, all the pressure had to escape somewhere else? so went through the stock (18 yo) radiator which was probably weak as piss?

so now i have to get a new radiator, anyone got any ideas? one that will be good for the 7mgte which ill be installing in the next few months?

also as luck would have it, when i changed my air filter today, i go to start the thing up afterwards, and she starts...then dies. i call out roadside assistance, the guys got no idea so he calls a tow truck in. while waiting for the tow, i disconnect the afm, blow a bit of dust out the terminals and reconnect her. start the car, now shes sweet as pie (apart from the radiator) is this going to happen again next time i play with the air filter? could this be a bigger problem? any help would be great, cheers.
Supraman1986 is offline   Reply With Quote