View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 07:43 PM   #1
lifesnotfair
3" Exhaust

lifesnotfair is on a distinguished road
Default Dual exhaust, anyone?

Hey guys.

I left the center piece of my new tail lights (JDM, where the center piece is not light red, it's dark red as the side ones) on the paint shop today, so they paint the lower part of it. After installing this, I reckon there'll be less things to do to my automatic N/A (which still has a long way to go, engine and tranny wise, for example).. I already hooked up some 18"s, but need to lower it. I'll take pics of it later this week, after I install the tail lights. My sister's husband says he likes it tall, it looks like a monster truck, LOL.

Anyways, yesterday I saw a Civic with dual exhaus tips, and I said to myself "blah, what a waste... crappy car with those exhaust tips, as if it were a REAL car!"... And then I got to thinking that the other "real cars" I've had (Z32, RX-7) both had dual exhaust. Now, the Z had independant ones all from the engine.. but the RX-7 had a single pipe coming out of the engine, and about 3-4 feet from the tips, it divided in two, so it had two tips.

This looks quite agressive IMO... As my exhaust will be custom made (as there is no way in hell I'm paying 500-900 bucks for an exhaust system, I'm on a budget), I was thinking of telling the guy who'd weld the pipes, to do a "Y" section like the RX-7 had, so I'd have two exhaust tips.. one where it usually is, and the other one symetrically placed on the right side. I assume some people have done this, but I've never seen pics of an MKIII with this.

What do you guys think??
lifesnotfair is offline   Reply With Quote