View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 12:33 PM   #1
scruffboy
walbro fp

scruffboy is on a distinguished road
Talking Got Hood Open!!!!!

I finally got my hood repaired, man what a bi*ch. In the latch mechanism there is a little piece of metal that curls around but does not make a complete circle, this way you can slip the cable in, and at the end of the cable is a round piece of metal (looks like fishing weight). That catches the metal and allows the cable to pull the hood spring open. Well it's a pretty flimsy piece of metal (Curly Part), so watch it guys and gals, I now open and close my hood like I was diparin a baby's bottom. As for my emmisions, changed O2 sensor, looked at daspot and checked VT. Was able to blow air threw black side, but could not blow through other side (none). Does this need to be replaced and does it play much of a part in emmissions control? Also was quoted a price of $83 for a magnaflow cat and $60 for install. Does that sound right? Oh, by the way, on the way to pick up my new latch I was on a no-shoulder highway when the bungi cord flys off, don'tcha know, only me, I had to drive about a 1/4 mile looking through a 2 inch slit.

James in NJ
Can't get worse, only better (I hope)
scruffboy is offline   Reply With Quote