Thread: 7mgte deal
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 05:29 AM   #1
Supraman1986
Stock

Supraman1986 is on a distinguished road

i am looking for a 7mgte engine to swap with my 7mge and was wondering if anyone can help me with pricing. i have found 3, but the importer wants $1850 for the whole package. is this a good price. i live in australia if that helps with exchange rates. i think the dude is trying to rip me off, he seems like a dodgy dude.

i also tried burpin my cooling system today as you guys have sudgested on previous posts. just one question - how high up or what angle does the front end have to be at to make this truly effective? i hear a fair gurgle in my dash when i start up in the morning, but when i tried this not much air came out. should i be doing this when the engine is cold as well? (like first thing in the morning)

im also worried that my 7mge has a BHG, what should i look for, so far i have no loss of coolant or oil, neither are mixed, my compression is quite good, however my car seems to be a bit gutless after bout half hour of driving, however is really good before hand and at night, it also makes a hell of a noise (like the fans are working overtime) sounds like a truck, could this also be a radiator problem, could it be blocked? my temp gauge reads about halfway all the time (except in mornings) it never goes any higher than that, i want to run a flush through my radiator, however hear conflictng stories about whether or not to do it, some people say tis bad for the car. oh and occasionly my coolant is slightly bubbly. i recently relaced the thermostat as it wasnt shutting properly, is it worth drilling that small hole in it also as u guys also suggested in a previous post.

thanx very much for ya help, i realise that i prob have a BHG but just want to eliminate any other possiblitys first, i just want the car to run well until i do the engine swap. thanx very much
Supraman1986 is offline   Reply With Quote