View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 03:30 AM   #7
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

SKILMATIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:

With car 2, before i buy it im going to take it to a toyota dealership and get it inspected, now with their 100 point inspections, do they check everything, compression tests, leak down test, whether the body is straight, mathcin vin# etc. Or is it more of a visialy look at say brakes, exhaust systeme etc?

They do a full blown inspection of everything. Basically they inspect what you want them to inspect. If you want them to do a 50pont inspection then they charge you for that if you want them to do a 100point they charge you for that.

Quote:
I do plan on doing a signle turbo upgrade etc, with the automaic tranny will i loose a lot of power, like is it worth getting a auto supra, half the people say its a waste the other say go for it. I just wanna make sure that if i get teh auto i can still make it fast, and not have tuners saying you can go past 15psi cause the tranny will break etc
Well like everyhting else there are pros and cons. The pros are city driving(especially if there are steep hills and such and traffic)will be a breeze with an automatic; a manual tranny will be a pain in the booty. Another good thing with an auto is that shifting is faster; the con to that is that in a manual you can shift when you want which means more rpm length. A con to a auto tranny is that when one goes bad you have to do a rebuild or tranny swap which is at least 1500bucks. IN a manual all you have to change is the clutch set or maybe the flywheel which all together depending on what brand and stuff can range from 500-1000. Also automatic trannys are more prone to have problems than a manual tranny. So again its all perception and what you want.
SKILMATIC is offline   Reply With Quote