View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 01:30 PM   #12
shawn87gta
Stock

shawn87gta is on a distinguished road
Default Finally!

Just one word for anyone else who runs into this problem: porta-power! I'd never used one before, but my dad has one and brought it over for me. For those who may not be familiar with this, it's a hydraulic-jack-like device with different attachments that attach to a hose from the hydraulic cylinder. When you jack it, the attachments are activated for different types of motion. I used a "duckbill" spreader, and went from side to side spreading the motor & tranny apart then driving the wedges down to hold the gap I gained. It took about twenty trips side to side but it finally popped loose. I honestly don't think I would've gotten it without this, the duckbill has "1200 lbs" cast into it so I have to assume it exerts that much force when in use. It was all this thing could do to move the motor, and I was practically lying on top of it to jack it further when it finally popped free. My only concern now is the pressure plate, a few of the "fingers" appear to be slightly bowed out further than the rest of them.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who helped. I'm sure there'll be a few more questions as I proceed...!
shawn87gta is offline   Reply With Quote