View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 04:01 AM   #11
vladkalika
Stock

vladkalika is on a distinguished road

Make sure your car is hot by the time it gets tested. Drive it hard for 1/2 hour and your catalytic converter will be at their optimum. If you still fail then you need to do some work

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffboy
I recently went for inspection here in New Jersey and failed for emissions. I don't have the printout with me, but I believe I passed the NOx but failed for High Carbons and one other thing (not sure). I don't want to get ripped off so can someone set me in the right direction. The car runs great and I just did a tune-up (plugs, wires, rotor, fuel filter, air filter, etc.), though I did notice a little oil on one pair of the plugs. I also do regular oil changes using castrol syntech. I also use high octane fuel (92). I know nothing about the O2 sensor but a mechanic I stopped at on the way home said something about maybe getting too much air in the mixture? I don't think its the charcoal cannister, as I don't smell fuel in the interior. The mechanic I saw said it may cost about $250.00 (ballpark figure), plus 75 for the re-inspection fee. Can anyone help me. PLEASE!

Sincerely,

James
vladkalika is offline   Reply With Quote