View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 11:43 AM   #5
Jebus
Stock

Jebus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangsupra
well think about my mk2 supra.... n/a before i drop turbo on... i hit 15.1 on my mk2 stock... nothing... no exhaust... n ect... nothing... basic stock.... n i hit 15.1 on 1/4mile.... n happy with it.... n now... i happy with my setup on my mk2 supra... hehe... cause got turbo now... haha...
Can someone de-code this for me.

About the NA 7MGE, they do go well. As you said, 200Hp is'nt bad, the car is heavy, but not that heavy, its around 1580 which is OK. I have a manual so cant say much about the auto but i'd imagine you'd get more out of it with a manual. I have a K&N filter, 2 and half inch exhaust form cat back (really only need 2 and a quarter), my engine has been fully re-built, i use Iridium plugs and top gun leads. My engine would be putting out a bit more than stock. The stock cams are pretty good, they seem to make good use of the engines power, they are different from the turbo cams. Dont be put off the NA by the turbo owners, you cant blame them for loving there turbos, the power feels great, turbo cars are addictive. . If your engine is healthy, you will probably be happy with it. They go well and are definately not slow, maintain it and they stay strong.