View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 02:34 AM   #3
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

SKILMATIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffboy
I have an 89 N/A Supra that I recently took to inspection. I failed for emissions and with some quidance and doing some reading, I found the O2 Sensor was practicaly falling off. I bougt a new one (Bosch) and installed it. Spent another 1/2 hour looking for second O2 Sensor till I realized I was looking at pics of a Calif. setup, lol. So the other day I go outside to get under the hood and check some of the other things I saw in the emmissions manual (dash pot, etc.) but when I pulled the hood lever nothing happened. The wire was there so I pulled on it but no tension. This is a brand new hood latch as the car had some front end damage which I have had fixed. I bought the parts and had them installed by a bodyshop guy I know. I am assuming he used the old cable to connect to the new latch and now it's broke. I got under car and was able to push up on lift handle with a stick, but that does not undo the locking mechanism when the hood is in the all the way down position. Any suggestions on how to get in. I was thinking of removing the little plastic radiator grill (there are 2 of them on the 89's, between the turn-signals and center-piece. Anyone out there ever have this problem? Or am I really the only person on the planet something like this could happen to?

Sincerely,

James in NJ
Wow, this is a dilemna. Its sounds easy but its really not. The only thing I can think of is you are going to have to take off your quarter panels in the front and romove the hood. Unless you can get it to unclock you are going to have to do this.
SKILMATIC is offline   Reply With Quote