Thread: gte and ge
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 10:35 AM   #1
lethalwithasupra
3" Exhaust

lethalwithasupra is on a distinguished road
Default gte and ge

been wondering about doing this for a while and then found a few similar posts so ok ill just go ahead and ask the dumb question.

i own a half dismantled 87 turbo 7m auto supra that prolly wont ever drive again. what i was thinking about was to transplant the loom, coils, manifolds, turbo, intercooler, ecu, etc into a n/a manual supra. non turbos being cheaper and all.

how similar is the ge block to the gte ? i'll need " proper " boost - 8 or 16lb on a switch, injectors off some 4.1L ford or something, fuel pump to match. heh nothing excessive. are the heads very different ? old head has been blown twice, dunno if it's any good. i keep hearing that the turbo isn't meant for much over the standard boost, does go well after an upgraded wheel ?

don't really want to slap any turbo on some piece of shit to make it rev harder, really want a manual supra that goes like my baby would if she wasnt such a sleepy kinda beast. and don't want to mess with pedal boxes and clutches and mountings too much right now.

sorry for the rapid fire Qs.

Delivering it home with a friend driving the Supra for the first time. I drop gears and make a scream from the twin pipes flowing down this pony's flanks and it takes off like it's tail's on fire.

I look back when the Honda gets to its tap-out and the Supra's only two lengths behind. No one I've let ride my bike has told me its slow, they've all loved the thing. That car is a good thing indeed.

Last edited by lethalwithasupra; 12-09-2005 at 10:49 AM.
lethalwithasupra is offline   Reply With Quote