View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 04:17 AM   #1
lifesnotfair
3" Exhaust

lifesnotfair is on a distinguished road
Default Finally bought a MKIII!

Yep. Finally... after having owned Integras (2g and 3g), 300ZX TT, RX-7... it was time to get something I've wanted for a LONG while, a Supra MKIII. I was actually looking for one about 1.5 years ago, but they were all so crappy, I ended up buying my Z, which was probably the cleanest Z in the country, it was showcar-like. Anyways, I love RWD vehicules, hence the FC, which I didn't like, I felt nervous driving a rotary engine, and, dunno, the car seemed old, everything is manual, interior was no big deal, and people hardly even looked at it :P

I bought a 1988 red MKIII now. It looks MUCH better in person than in the only two pictures I have right now. I didn't take this pics, the previous owner did, I'm not sure if he painted it AFTER this pics, or if some shining was missing (the final shining is missing still! But it looks great as it is! Gonna do it soon anyways).

I'm not sure on how to post pics, but I'll try... if it doesn't work, but the link shows, copy/paste into browser then

AS I SAID, it looks bad in these pictures. It looks as if right pop-up is misplaced, but it's perfect, trust me. The car has never been involved in a crash, I know coz I checked EVERYTHING and EVERYWHERE. It's all sooooooo clean, it's even hard to believe.

Previous owner had that bumper custom made to fit the circular lights, they're pretty cool if you ask me, BUT, that bumper is f-ugly compared to the 89-up bumper, so I'm gonna buy the 89 bumper anyways, and I'll do it ASAP. Is there anything to know about the bumper swap? I kinda heard that the corner lights wont fit? I need another ones? Damn! Plz, someone tell me!!

ALSO, the tail lights are the FFF-ugly 86.5-88 ones (they are truly ugly in my humble opinion, when changed to the 89-92 ones, the difference is SOOO big, it's not even funny). Anything I need to know about these too? Is it hard? Any problems I could encounter?? I'm gonna order them form e-Bay I think. Exhaust and exhaust tip is all stock.. but I'll change that when I do the whole 3" exhaust, which I would do probably if I swap engines to a 7M-GTE.

I _really_ need to know the truth about 7M-GTE... coz I keep hearing it "breaks" easily... plz, someone enlighten me! (Or give me a proper link?)

Everything works on this supra, really. I'd get a racing (smaller) steering wheel, I think... other than that, I love it. It makes a weird noise under accelration, but not from the engine... like, from the cluster... and the speedmeter needle kinda moves funnily when the weird sound is on... I guess it's a cable or something... Most Supras in here have a non-functioning speedometer... This one has one that works, but hell, it just couldn't be much better! :P .. I've heard that one can use the Cressida or Camry wire (wire?) to replace the stock one, which breaks easily? Any truth to this?

Sorry for writing so long, I'm just new to MKIII's. I have big plans for it... I got it for about USD$2,700. Don't tell me it's expensive or cheap, coz prices in here are different than in US. :-) I find it cheap, and have some money to spend on it.

Another question: will adding wide rims screw up the current tranny? Ya know, N/A and auto, what if I add 245's or 255's in the rear... ? I'd love to put some 275's like I had in my Z :P .. but lets keep it all down for a minute, heh. Can I do this while running with this engine/tranny? Coz those stock rims are... well... slightly ugly =P

See ya all later. I'll take pics soon, it looks WAY better than in these two pics I posted. I'm loving it so far :-)
lifesnotfair is offline   Reply With Quote