View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:11 PM   #1
tex1116
Stock

tex1116 is on a distinguished road
Default Engine noise car wont stay running

I have 88 supra turbo. I recently made a post about car not starting with possible starter issues. The starter still may be a problem but today I was able to get it to crank. It seemed like a rather fast cranking and it wasnt starting so i took off the front engine cover and peeked in to see if the timing belt was broken but it looked fine. Then i inspected the spark plugs which looked pretty oily around the center electrode and appeared to have a significant amount of oil in the spark plug holes(is that normal, it was enough to see my reflection). so i wiped a couple off and reassembled and when to start the car again. There was signs of life but still no starting. I kept at it for awhile and tried starting with the accelerator pressed in which within a couple seconds brought the car to a pretty shaky start. I kept the accelerator pressed in at around 1000-2000 rpms and i could here some pretty disturbing noises from the engine like rapid dull thuds and tapping and as soon as I released the gas petal it died. I tried it a few times to the same effect. Any ideas?

I also just realized this is the wrong forum, but still any help would be appreciated
tex1116 is offline   Reply With Quote