View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 05:09 PM   #7
toyota_guru
Intake

toyota_guru is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel williams
the point of the 3 inch downpipe is to allow the waist gate air to mix more smoothly with the exhaust coming from the primary turbo outlet, it removes the massive restriction of the stock 90 elbow, And even if your right, its still worth writing about in my oppinion, that how we learn, have fun with your 2.5 inch dp. good day
who said anything about me running a 2.5 dp? i run a 3.5dp with a 2.5wg pipe, my motor puts out 732 hp at the crank. what i was trying to say was, obviously you didn't get it, if you really want to feel a difference in power, for the money, changing the exh manifold will reap more benefits than just changing the dp. going from 2.5 to 3.0dp adds only a few more hp. changing the manifold to a header type you will feel the difference. and feeling the increase with the money spent to feel it, is what its all about. you cant just replace one part and expect a big hp increase, all parts work together, and the manifold is the biggest restriction on the stock exhaust setup. the stock vacuum actuated wg does not open up fast enough to cause that much of a restriction. if you went 3.0 from the turbo back you gain what? 10whp and you still have the main restriction problem still there. me, instead of paying over $500 for 10whp, ynot pay $250 for 20+whp? thats just not my opinion, its from over 15 years of working at toyota dealerships, building lots of toyota motors for racing, not only for myself but for customers in my shop.