Thread: help needed
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 04:12 PM   #3
toyota_guru
Intake

toyota_guru is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by localreeper
ive got a 1986 and a half supra im replacing the engine with the turbo engine and replacing the turbo with a t3/t4 turbonetics turbo with intercooler and am going to completly rewire the damn thing the site said the turbo would boost 700 hundred extra horses is that to much for the block to handle?
You will not get 700hp, the stock ECU is only good to about 450hp, you need to change to a speed density setup and get rid of the MAF. you will need a complete engine management system with harness to get 700hp. the stock bottom end will handle 700hp but not for very long. upgrade the rods an pistons, drop the compression to 7.5, bigger injectors, 550 or larger, larger intercooler, larger radiator, T/3T/4 turbo is too small, a regular t/4 or t/6 is needed. http://www.racetep.com/7mgt.htm is a recipe for 600+ hp in a 7mgte and have it survive for any length of time. Im building my 3rd one with a few extra tweaks thrown in, my motor cranks out 732hp at the flywheel. If i could only keep the other racers from messing up my car i wouldn't have to keep building them.