View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 05:50 PM   #14
Burn N' Up
3" Exhaust

Burn N' Up is on a distinguished road

Or like i said, how much play in the belt when you push in its middle. I even gave you the measurements in my other post. Tighten them all if they need it. Tightening one belt would be "fixing" your car. Tightening them all would be "maintaining" your car. If you plan on keeping that Supra better start maintaining. Also to answer your oil question i'll go off of the Engine oil selection chart located in my 1989 Toyota Supra Turbo/NA Owners manual. I run 20w-50 because temps never get very low here and with a turbo that already puts alot more wear on your oil and thus your engine i think the marginal 1 or 2 horses that you supposedly loose (i don't think you do once the engine is warm) is worth it. Plus im at 130K. Your somewhere effing freezing though... so you might wanna thin it up depending on how cold it gets there. The chart suggests 15w-40 from 40F down to 10F, or 10w-30 from 35F down to 0F and then 5w-30 from 50 down to below -20F. Really its just how hard the engine will be to crank over, cause once the engine is warm then the second number is what is important. Thats why i always run 20w-50. If someone wants a picture of the cahrt to post that would be cool because i don't have a website or on-line photo cache to URL load from. Hope this helps.
Burn N' Up is offline   Reply With Quote