View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 09:48 PM   #6
Burn N' Up
3" Exhaust

Burn N' Up is on a distinguished road

Just like joel said;

Locks, open up the door panel and lube them. also check your ALARM ARM, little piece of plastic that connects the lock tumbler to your alarm system. If its borken off, as most are, then the lock won't arm or disarm the alarm. Also while your in there i would pull the window and lubricatethe choice points on the regulator arm and the channel that the windows guide travels in. REMOVE THE OLD GREASE FIRST. Then relube with Moly GP grease.

Squeel. Does it come on when you punch it? Or just over 3000. Eitherway, if you just bought the car change EVERY fluid(its just a good idea) Oil, Rear Diff, Tranny, Coolant, Power steering, brake. I like Redline diff and tranny oil myself, i'm a manual though. They do make good ATF from what i hear... but thats besides the point, back to your squeel. Change all belts. Tighten belts properly, an easy rule of thumb is for every foot of belt between pulleys 3/4" of play is acceptable. 6" of belt is 3/8" and so on. Then ride it around. If its still making the noise come back. Its probably not your turbo, if it was your turbo it would make this sound (boosting noise) whheeeeeEEEEEE PPLLLIIIAAANNGGG and you'd see a shit load of smoke come from the hood as the floating spindle siezed cause it would be an oil flow issue. Plus you'd have alot of vibration. Its not the fan, maybe the fan clutch but usually thats alot different of a noise. The clowling doesn't reduce sound.
Burn N' Up is offline   Reply With Quote