View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 02:46 AM   #1
MusicNazi525
Stock

MusicNazi525 is on a distinguished road
Question Door Locking Problems, SCREEEEEEEECCCHHH

I'm having a couple more problems with the '90 turbo I just got
1. The drivers side door lock does not lock or unlock from the outside- to lock my car I have to flip the locking switch from the inside while the door's closed... and then lock the passenger door from the outside w/ key. Kindof a long process and a BIG pain in the ass. (I have just been leaving it unlocked at my hi school- nothin in there anyone would want) Do you guys have any suggestions for replacing the lock on the drivers side door, and where I can find one? (junk yard? ebay?) By the way- Is it a difficult process to install a new electric locking system in my car with a keyless entry system?

2. The second and probably bigger problem- When driving the supra (auto trans.) and the engine revvs to around 4k RPM and higher I get this awful high pitched screeching sound... kinda loud... thats almost like fingernails on a chaulkboard. I'm sure it needs some routine maintenance (fluids and whatnot) but what could be causing this? I thought it might have something to do with the turbo- and plus the big fan thing needs a casing put on it or something cuz it's pretty loud too (can always be cured by some nice n loud 3'' pipes to hide the noise)... but Im not sure. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

BTW sry bout the long entry

MusicNazi525 is offline   Reply With Quote