View Single Post
Old 02-15-2022, 09:35 PM   #1
Bru
Bone Stock w Upgrades ;-)

Bru is on a distinguished road
Default Genuine Toyota Aisin Brake Master Cylinders

I was going to post this in parts but someone has taken it over selling cell phones.

About the only things left on my 87 Turbo with ABS brakes that hasn't been rebuilt is the brake master cylinder and the vacuum booster. I performed the manual tests and everything passed but still I'm a little concerned after 35 years that the brake master cylinder could go out in the future and where would I find parts. Turns out Toyota and Aisin produce a few parts under a company by the name of Advics. I was trolling eBay for a master cylinder and noticed that the part I was looking at had a Toyota Aisin embossed fluid tank. The ABS part number is BMT-360. The non-ABS part number is BMT-106 and costs a little less. BMT-360 cost $110 delivered including tax. The castings on the part are identical to the one in the car. It's a made in Japan part. The only thing I need to get is a paper gasket from the dealer and that part number is 47275-24010. Cost is about $2. Read the online manual for the installation. The push rod has a zero clearance in the back of the master cylinder plunger. It wouldn't hurt to look at the clevis pin inside under the kick panel for wear and to grease it. It's is a good idea to bench bleed a new master cylinder to get the air bubbles out before installation. I plan on doing a partial flush with fresh brake fluid on the old system to push any crud out of the lines before installing the new part so as to not contaminate it. I remove the old fluid from the old master cylinder with a syringe connected to a thin hose to suck out the black settled crud first. I've had good experience with Valvoline Synthetic DOT 3 & 4 brake fluid. It has a higher boiling point than most. It's also good for clutch fluid.

Check out the pics! It's nice to find a Toyota made part at a reasonable price these days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	5061   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	5062   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	5063   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	5064   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	5065  

Last edited by Bru; 05-18-2022 at 02:56 PM.
Bru is offline   Reply With Quote