View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 02:32 PM   #4
yale
Intake

yale is on a distinguished road

Just bringing this back to a current (pun intended) discussion. I am going on my fourth starter in less than 2 years. Last one made it about 5 days and less than 10 starts). I am using the Autozone Duralast lifetime warranty starters (rebuilt of course). Voltage is fine to the starter. I have a push start button (bypassing the A/T neutral safety switch and alarm crap). After the last replacement I ran a test wire from "terminal 50" where the brown clip connects up to the battery to help diagnose the issue.
Each time I have gotten in, hit the key/button, and there is no attempt by the starter to spin. Hot wire just sparks as Batmannn mentioned. Pull the starter, take it down to AZ, they test it, and it's dead - no spin, no attempt to spin.
Yeah these are lifetime warranties but I've had to have the car towed home each time. I've gotten really good at replacing the starter (and what a pain it is), but I'd rather noy have to do that. Also would like to trust that she will start when I need it.
Nothing grounded and proper grounds are in place.
Bad batch of rebuilt starters from AZ? Duralast just a bad choice? (Never had electronic issues from AZ parts - Advance yes, AZ no).
yale is offline   Reply With Quote