View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 07:54 PM   #9
1bigdoggie
Stock

1bigdoggie is on a distinguished road

No white smoke at start up. Seeing blue and gray smoke. I believe that is oil. The original reason I took in the car. Had valve seal leak. So had a new head put on. Solved the oil leak smoking problem at start up, but over heated the very next day. Blown HG. Replaced. Over heated the very next day. Could over heating have cracked the block? The question is WHY did it overheat in the first place, after a head replacement. All was good with the car for 30 years besides the oil leak in the valve seals. Anyway, shop talked me into a replacement engine. Very first day it over heated as well. And I've been here ever since. How can it be that TWO blocks are cracked ? I don't think that is the issue. Oh, and the replacement engine now blows smoke (oil leak) upon start up, which is why I had the head replaced in the first place.

Anyway, will do the leak down test to check the integrity of the HG. I'm really hoping it is that. Because if not, we are basically out of ideas. Will not be able to tear the car apart and get the block checked for cracks. But MAY be able to check the OLD block for cracks. If no cracks in it, then the overheating is caused by something else.
1bigdoggie is offline   Reply With Quote