View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 04:24 AM   #5
1bigdoggie
Stock

1bigdoggie is on a distinguished road

Yes, very strange indeed. This is why we can't figure it out. The only thing in common between the two test drives after I got the car back, was the fact that the heater core was not bled (coolant filled) properly, due to a non-functioning heater core valve. The only thing I can think of is that too much air was then in the cooling system both times, causing it to overheat on both engines, and causing the HG to blow both times. Of course, this is ONLY A GUESS.

Anyway, I have no clue what kind of HG was used on my original engine when it blew twice, and I have no clue what is in the replacement engine, because it came intact (full engine: block plus head)

After talking to another guy on this thread, we will do a leak down test to see if HG is intact or not. That is the only thing I can think of that would inject enough air into the system to cause a gurgling sound under the dash and to blow out coolant into the overflow, and out of that until it looses 50+ ounces and overheats. Have my fingers crossed. If you can think of anything else that can cause so much fluid to be blown out (by what we think is high pressure in the system during heavy load), please let me know.

Thanks for your time and thoughts.
1bigdoggie is offline   Reply With Quote