View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 10:55 PM   #2
Bru
Bone Stock w Upgrades ;-)

Bru is on a distinguished road

Try unplugging the brake light failure module as a test. Its located behind the center plastic panel near the trunk lock on the inside. If that solves the problem, you might have a water leak or water has leaked onto the module. I fixed mine by opening it up and cleaning the corrosion off the circuit board that was shorting it. I put it into a plastic bag that helped prevent water from getting into it again and bolted it back on. It gave me similar weird wonky warning lights that didn't make sense. I guess the failure module needs a failure module. Another weird thing happened when the AC/heat blower motor brushes wore down to a nub and shorted. As a next step, try unplugging the blower motor under the passenger side kick panel. Unplug the black air temp thermostat coils. It's very close to it as well. It's got 3 coils of wire. The delicate thin gauge one always burns out and you loose low fan motor speed. I replaced mine by coiling a similar small gauge paperclip around a pencil and substituting it for the broken coil. Soldering skills and materials are required.

Good luck, Bru

Last edited by Bru; 05-22-2018 at 11:30 PM.
Bru is offline   Reply With Quote