View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 08:51 PM   #2
interested!
3" Exhaust

interested! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave66 View Post
Hey guys,My son just bought a 88 mark 3 with AEM stand alone tuner .We got the car with no spark.Motor was dropped in and the previous owner never finished the wiring installation.I did notice there was no ingnitor on this car for igntion.Is this needed with the AEM ecu?
Hi ! Did you get your car going ? After overhauling my cylinder head I could not get the motor to fire ( no spark ) the answer was found under the inlet manifold . There are a lot of earth wires there and I forgot to connect them as they were very much out of sight . Car started after connection . Also rigged up an elongated earth wire to the coils plate . Good luck , you will need a good mirror and scratchproof hands .
You may also find this web page http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/ interesting for technical information .
If you have trouble with the starter not engaging , a relay modification is recommended . Disconnect and extend the thin wire connected to the solenoid to excite a heavy duty relay , power then direct from battery via the relay wiring ( Battery to relay , relay to solenoid ) Don't forget to earth ( ground out ) the relay exciter solenoid .

Last edited by interested!; 02-18-2018 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Added infoformation .Extra info.
interested! is offline   Reply With Quote