View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 04:55 AM   #2
Bru
Bone Stock w Upgrades ;-)

Bru is on a distinguished road

The hose replacement is preformed from the top of the engine. I have a turbo engine so what I do it is remove the air filter housing and the corrugated elbow behind it to provide access. Remove power steering reservoir 2 retaining nuts and then remove the bracket that secures it to the engine (2 nuts and a bolt). That should give you enough access. You may have to loosen the power steering pump and swing it and the reservoir out of the way. Drain the radiator to lower the coolant level in the block. Use long needle nose pliers to loosen and remove the spring band clamps from holding it on by twisting and pulling them onto the elbow. You're going to need a needle nose pliers to remove all of those spring clamps on the intake anyway. Don't forget the little vacuum hose hiding under the corrugated elbow on a turbo that goes down to the power steering pump that helps the up idle mixture for turning the wheels when you're not moving. There is also a identical 90 deg hose like this at the back of the engine. I have been using a universal 5/8" inner diameter elbow hose made by Gates. Part number 28466. Cost about $10. Just cut it to match your old one. Don't let that heat shield flap on the metal bypass pipe touch the hose or it might not last.

Last edited by Bru; 07-15-2016 at 02:56 AM.
Bru is offline   Reply With Quote