View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 03:44 AM   #2
Bru
Bone Stock w Upgrades ;-)

Bru is on a distinguished road

The taillight and stoplight fuses are the 15 and 20 Amp fuses in the top row of your picture.
The problem with the rear taillights and the trouble module is that water tends to get into both. Something got grounded and that's why the plastic melted. After checking the fuses, it would be a good idea to take out both taillight strips and check for corrosion. Getting to the side marker lights is a pain though. Clean the contacts on the bulbs and down in the wells. You can use electric contact grease if you want, to keep water out. You have to be careful when putting the taillight strip back in because the white plastic dividers become very brittle with age and crumble. Just go slowly and massage it back into place. Take a look at it before you remove it to see what it should look like in its proper place. Remember to wipe the bulbs with a clean cloth to remove any skin oil or contamination which could shorten the life of the bulb just before installation. What I have done to my lamp module is to put it inside of a plastic bag so the water will roll off of it and not get inside. I cut a hole for the plug and then taped a plastic film flap above it. Here is a google search that may give you some information as well for people that have had the same problem.

https://encrypted.google.com/search?...ail+light+fuse

Last edited by Bru; 07-11-2016 at 12:55 AM.
Bru is offline   Reply With Quote