View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 03:27 AM   #11
hyundaier
Stock

hyundaier is on a distinguished road
Default citric acid

The study was done in a university in Spain. An English friend of mine inAlbuquereu, gave me the report. Does anyone of you know about doing reasearch at a university any where in the world? It takes months and the data is very specific. They also had success with oaxilic acid, (don't know if I am speeling it well!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmaster View Post
Apparently a study was done by some guys out in spain. Apparently Diluted Citric Acid (2:1 Water to Acid) will restore and clean your catalytic converters in without harming the platinum inside them. All without taking apart the Cat.

Apparetly the process is simple:
Fill a container large enough to hold your cat with the 2:1 water to Acid ratio.
Put your CAT in the container and let sit for 8 hours. Then pick up your cat after the eight hours and flush water through it to thouroughly clean the cat of residue and citric acid and the like. Let dry. Put Cat back on car.
Apparently this will restoreit to 90% its original usefulness without harming the platinum or other metals used inside of the CAT. Is this for rreal? i mean is that actually feasible or are these guys in spain blowing smoke?
hyundaier is offline   Reply With Quote