View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 10:50 PM   #1
hazmattjones
Stock

hazmattjones is on a distinguished road
Default 87 Supra N/A Cranks but wont Catch PLEASE HELP!

So I am VERY VERY new to working on cars and bought this car to fix myself and learn. I have recently bought an ’87 Toyota Supra (nonturbo) 7mge. The car will crank but will not turn over. It sounds like it wants to catch but just wont.
The car sat for two years and was never run before I bought it. I was told the head gasket cracked but when I took the top overhead cam covers off to check. There wasn’t none so I got this cheap make your own gasket stuff to use to try and just use as a temporary thing before I bought a nice one. So I started to try and start it up and it Just cranks but won’t catch. So I checked the spark plugs and the sparkplug wires and all worked fine and had a good spark! Next I check fuel filter the pump. The Fuel pump works fine and I can hear it prime up. The fuel filter well that was AWFUL! Took FOREVER to get off and it was gross. So I changed. Checked the fuel injectors and those worked fine, cleaned them just to be safe and made sure I was getting fuel to the injectors and I am. I check the Diagnostics and Im getting code 41 for the TPS. I talked to quite a few mechanics and they all said that it wouldn’t stop it from starting up. So I am VERY Lost and could use some help!
hazmattjones is offline   Reply With Quote