View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 02:47 PM   #12
sethrupenthal
Stock

sethrupenthal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal101 View Post
Hi mate,

I have threads on www.gt40s.com under Wings, wheels and keels if I remeber correctly. Search for "Vigilante" I also have a thread on www.supraforums.com under builds and projects.

The adaptor plate is 25mm thick if I remember correctly. New Engineering does various engine and gearbox combinations. The owner drives a 1jz landrover and he is busy with another for his wife with a 2jz. So he knows his story.
He is alo going to make my side shafts which he gives a life time guarrantee on. If I break one he replaces it.

BTW, he does all the side shafts for the racing guys at Killarney race track in Cape Town. He hinself races there too.
Was unable to find New Engineering (found "New Way" which seems to be a generator co). PM me with their contact info, please.

I found your GT40 build thread. VERY nice. Kudos to you, my friend. I enjoyed seeing the changes in direction as the build progressed. BTW the MB 6.0 V12 would have been awesome, but I reckon your 2jz choice is the best. I had a similar idea, then opted for the simplicity of japanese design over the complexity of German engineering. Posting link for anyone else who might be interested.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/wings-whe...e-project.html
sethrupenthal is offline   Reply With Quote