View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 01:39 PM   #10
sethrupenthal
Stock

sethrupenthal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal101 View Post
Hi mate,

Motor is standard. I have already bought a Garret GTX35R turbo and will be using a local ecu (Dictator) to try and get to 800 BHP. Already bought a 100mm throttle body etc. Also LS1 coils.

Remember I am located in South Africa. New Engineering reckons the custom 2 pack clutch is good for 1000BHP. Not sure how the 01e would stand up to that though. What I have heard at the local race track is that I should not have any problems.

Cheers.
Jackal

Yes, I read the clutch is rated plenty high but I have a nasty habit of installing clutches that are stronger than the assembly and snapping bell housing bolts and/or cv shaft bolts. (Just had to replace stock bolts on a4 fwd 1.8t 5sp running 25psi). From what I've read, the general consensus is that the 01e can take a 1000+hp beating and just as much torque. I was curious about the adapter itself...presumably it would have to be pretty thick to handle that much power and that assumes the load of a small car. My application is a heavy full size pickup. Many CNC/engineering companies here stateside shy away from this type of custom work citing "liability concerns".

Do you have a build thread started for this? I'd love to see it as it progresses.
sethrupenthal is offline   Reply With Quote