View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 10:51 AM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.BuckShort View Post
Phil '94 Thanks for reply. Sorry for taking so long to respond; this thing has been in the shop undergoing diagnostics for so long, I’m just glad they don’t charge storage like an impound lot. Quite possibly now as much "vertical" mileage on the lift as horizontal.

Actually just replaced the fuel pump relay ecu, and tried a few other things to see if/or why wire to fuel pump getting hot, etc. Latest consensus is probably likely the MAIN ecu (under passenger’s side dashboard) which allegedly had been repaired about two-three years ago (through Toyota dealership by a place that rebuilds things like that), and seemed to be working fine since. Does this sound like a possibility? If yes, does anyone on the forum know where I could find/get a replacement ecu for this 1993 Supra GE (assuming it’s an MKIV?). My wife wants her own Toyota SUV back. Is the "where to find" inquiry something I should post separately as a new post on this forum? As you may guess, I feel more than just automotively challenged.
I've heard of the pins in the main harness going bad, as well as the capacitors on the main ecu motherboard. The most common problem with the main ecu however, is the harness getting 'jacked with' when amateurs try to install piggyback items like fuel controllers or fuel cut eliminators.

This forum isn't that active for MKIV used parts, but I can give you a couple places to try if you'd like please PM me for that info.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 07-25-2015 at 10:53 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote