View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 01:45 AM   #1
A.BuckShort
Stock

A.BuckShort is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Electrical signal not reaching fuel pump

RE: My 1993 Supra GTE (nonturbo) with approx. 160,000 miles. Owned since 1996.

Something is preventing the electrical signal from reaching my gas tank fuel pump, causing car to stall, every time, almost immediately after ignition. Test light at fuel pump starts to dim and goes out as pump slows and stops within about 2 minutes. Any thoughts?

Have already drained and cleaned out old gas residue, added gas treatment, manually cleaned throttle, installed new fuel pump and ECU relay. This seemed to solve original problem of not taking the gas and generally requiring starter fluid through the air filter to start after sitting overnight. Now starts without the starter fluid, but then began similar stalling when stopped at a traffic light or slowing for turns. Now above problem with losing electrical to fuel pump and test light, which may have been the real problem to begin with? Now starts without the fluid, but stalls quickly thereafter. Could it relate to however much the engine heats up after ignition?

I had seen some evidence of some kind of likely rodent infestation when initially opening the air filter to spray the starter fluid. Only thing we can think of right now is some animal might have chewed through wire going to the fuel pump somewhere– but uncertain how to look for that or if should be looking for something else?
A.BuckShort is offline   Reply With Quote