View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 07:30 PM   #7
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

Oil is coming out of the intercooler pipes at the couplers? That's a boost leak. Since oil is thicker than air, if oil is leaking air is definitely leaking. That's probably your lack of power and boost. That is also most likely your vacuum leak causing your rough idle, unless you've fixed that already.

I still don't believe your problem is a tune, your car is not significantly drawing any more air in at idle than it was before. Your problems (to me) seem more likely to be a vacuum/boost leak, which it seems you have confirmed oil seeping. To answer your question, you do not need any additional bracing to stop your pipes from leaking. I have the generic intercooler kit you see all over eBay with the 2.5" hard pipes, and I have nothing supporting them other than what they attach to. It took awhile, but after tightening them several times after running the car, I was finally able to seal the connections and no longer have vacuum/boost leaks.

The oil leaking into your pipes may likely be from a bad seal in the turbo or possibly oil from the pcv system.
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote