View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 08:55 PM   #1
neonracr2
Stock

neonracr2 is on a distinguished road
Default Help!!! 7MGE problems after replacing headgasket

I'm hoping someone on here can give me an idea about what is going on with my 86.5 7MGE MKIII. To start, I bought the car with a blown headgasket in hopes of fixing it myself over the winter. Just for comparison purposes, I should say that even with the bad headgasket, the car would start right up, along with having throttle response. After getting the engine back together with the new gasket, the engine would start, idle extremely rough, and die almost instantly. After doing some investigation, I found that when I would turn the key to start it, I would get 10.8 volts to the fuel pump, but as soon as it would fire, the voltage would drop to 0 and that's when the car would idle rough and die. If I jumper the +b and fp connectors in the diagnostic port, the car will start and keep idling even though it is still very rough and extremely low. The problem now is that if you open the throttle at all, it will die instantly. Also, the engine gets hot really fast and almost smells like it's lean. Any thoughts on why I'm not seeing voltage under normal conditions or why it runs like this? The timing has been double checked.....it has a new TPS....no codes are showing up.....idk where to go from here. I'd appreciate the help. Thanks!

I forgot to mention......the engine does have an EGR delete as well.
neonracr2 is offline   Reply With Quote