View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 04:32 AM   #1
mase
Stock

mase is on a distinguished road
Cool 1987 supra non turbo

Help please. i have a 87 non turbo supra with 90k miles. the heat recently stopped blowing out hot air and i have to keep adding radiator fluid to it after drives over 30 miles or so. there is no leaking underneath the car and the thermostat has been replaced. the temp gauge fluctuates between meduim and high. i have had a few mechanics look at it and they seem to think its the head gasket. the engine has also recently began to make a ping sound when i step on the gas which they think are the rods going bad. my question is it sounds like i may need to rebuild or replace the engine. since i love these cars and its in great shape otherwise iam willing to do that. my question is what price can i expect for a rebuild of my current engine? and if i buy a rebuilt engine can i trust one from say ebay? and what should be the cost of installing it? finally if i have a rebuilt engine put in can i expect some money back from the engine being pulled out? thank for any and all suggestions on this p.s.i live in denver so if anyone out there knows of a good shop and or mechanic i would appreciate there info as well
mase is offline   Reply With Quote