View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #13
toshryno34
Stock

toshryno34 is on a distinguished road
Default Lots of fun

I have an 89 MkIII non-turbo and it is fantastic. I heard some of the turbos of the 7M-GTE engines were crap due to how old they are. However Supra is a name in itself. These cars have been discontinued since 1999. In my eyes, I view it as a classic 80's car that is still a top-of-the-line Toyota. Back in the day they were hard to find and they are even more rare now.

Traded a 91 celica for it. got a great deal on it and all of my friends love it!! sure its not as fast or as light as other newer 200hp cars. but ill take anything 80's in a race with confidence! The newer mkIV's smoke the mkIIIs (my neighbor has a 1994 mk4 and we are now awesome friends lol) but just having a Supra makes me feel cool

They are fun to work on (HUGE engine bay especially in my non-turbo) and run like champs, at least mine does. I have 205,000 on it with a centerforce clutch, original trans and engine, and I can still drop 5 to 3rd and depending on the speed 5 to 2nd.

I recommend buying one if you see that it isn't rusted and well-maintained. They are rare plus youll love the targa top if it has one!!!!
toshryno34 is offline   Reply With Quote