View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 08:07 PM   #15
Spy_91
Stock

Spy_91 is on a distinguished road

Apologies for bringing back an old thread. But I resolved the problem and if anyone else has the problems listed above, hopefully this helps.

As i posted previously, my boost was cutting out at wot and I got error code 34. I replaced my stock BOV, with the Bosch and after checking every intake hose and cupler, I found no holes, cracks, or loose fittings. Since that did not fix my problem. So I went to the next suggestion, which was the wastegate actuator. After inspecting the actuator (opening up the canister) I found a small hole/crack in the rubber diaphragm. I bought a new "CT26 Wastegate Actuator" from driftmotion (which was a direct fit) and installed it. Went with the 11 psi since it was the same price as the 8 psi. Anyway....Problem solved!! No longer cuts out at wot and is able to boost to well over 5 psi (which is were it usually cut out) no more error codes, and woot/hoot sound went away.

cre - thanks for all your input. You'll be happy to know that i ditched that sponge filter and i'm currently running apexi's cone intake filter.
Spy_91 is offline   Reply With Quote