View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #9
normalsalaryman
Stock

normalsalaryman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
If you don't mind me pointing this out, the 2jz-gte is not an inexpensive engine to run. Among many other things, it requires fully synthetic oil and race fuel (and/or water-meth injection, or E85) at higher boost levels.

A 2jz-gte (with high boost) also puts out enough horsepower that (perhaps) the a31cefiro chassis and/or brakes won't be able to handle it. There's a good reason the jza80 chassis+engine is $30K+ - it's because the entire automotive system was engineered together (by Toyota and TRD of course) to handle all of the power potential and other performance characteristics (braking, handling, aerodynamics, traction, etc., etc.).

Have you heard the expression "there is no such thing as a free lunch"? If not, it means you'll always end up paying one way or another - in time/labor, frustration, rework, risk, etc. Although I definitely wish you luck with your project no matter what you decide, I have to let you know I'm quite skeptical about your (apparent) goal of trying to do it all really cheaply. Alternatively, you may wish to consider working longer and/or harder and saving up the $ to purchase the Mkiv Toyota Supra Turbo that it seems you may really want. I can assure you that it will be worth the wait...
no no, you get me wrong to think that i want the cheapest stuff...when i say $30k is something like cheapest sports car like toyota celica the one with 2zzengine.

jza80 pricing sits at $95k the whole complete car on auto tranny..

as for the a31 cefiro body to hold lets say 1000hp to be honest i wasnt sure if the body would handle that much power even i did reinforced trying to increase the body rigids steps. i guess we will know after the car is done.

and for the fuel originaly we only have 98 octane for the highest quality fuel, but i have the acces to get the race fuel like vp or avgas(thats what we called it) easy.

as in for amount of money would be blown to mods the car, i am familiar with that. as i do own 2 honda eg fully race built. so i know faster=more money.

what i've been posting about 2jz is that i get the impression from the forum that you can go pretty cheap with 2jz for certain amount of money, and i do aware if i want to go 700hp+ equal to big money involved.

and i've been wondering about how cheap you can go on the 2jz for lower that 500hp because i planned to daily the car. im talking about the longevity of the engine assuming i did all the thing right if i go the cheapest way.thats why i've been asking all the guru's or experienced guys such as your self on this forum phill. and im trying my best to get it right for the first time for the turbo engine.

lets say most of the advice is telling me to go expensive, i wouldnt mind that

anyway if i do have an aftermarket ECU will i still need BCC to run higher boost on oem TT without having a fuel cut? and if i do still need BCC on upgraded ECU what brand i should go with for the BCC since the only BCC brand that i know is greddy and its discontinued.

thx
Matt
normalsalaryman is offline   Reply With Quote