View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by normalsalaryman View Post
i forgot to tell you, when i bought the engine it was only complete engine+wiring+ecu+ stupid tranny... thats it. so no intercooler,exhaust except from the cefiro which is rb20e engine. and the car had a busted suspension...so pretty much i have to start from a scratch. and where i live to get the oem exhaust,intercooler,pipping and so on is nearly impossible. and i was starting to look for the v160 tranny last year and i still cant find it until today, either in my country or the neighbour country eg malaysia,singapore,thailand.. did find 1 in australia but my stupid country taxes are forbiding me to get it at reasonable price, it would cost me almost 4times of the price you pay for one of those in your country.. and oh yeah i was reading your link on BPU mods and thank god i wasnt wrong when i decided to go with 2jzgte
and. yeah i would continue to read everything on the 2jz engine on the net.

car will be done in feb and i cant barely wait to ride the jz.

anyway sorry if i did annoyed you with my noobest knowledge of turbo jz capabilities

ya cal=california

to be honest around 500hp was not my original goals, its just im aware that i have a weak tranny that might(not sure) handle only around 500 at max and i did not find a way yet to either smugle orsome other way to import the v160 at reasonable price to my place. so im assuming i would be stuck at that amount of hp for sometime

just to get you an idea i was paying around $5800usd for the motors and the outside condition was like its ready to get thrown to a trash can(dirty looks). and if youre lucky there maybe only 1 or 2 jz engine that get through my country in a year and most of them are auto's and i heard there is someone selling 2jz for $7500 engine,wiring,5spdtranny

but once i get v160 in my hand, i would certainly go aroun 1000hp.
Matt, I hope my posts were helpful - no need to apologize.

Bummer about the V160 procurement difficulties. Wish I could help with that somehow. I wonder if any junkyard dealers in Japan would be willing to export - perhaps with the commonality of the Mkiv Supra there, a V160/161 could be sold for a reasonable enough price...thereby lowering your overall costs (including taxes) enough to make it a practical proposition...

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why not start with something like a Lexus IS300 or SC300? If those weren't sold in Indonesia, why not at least pick some sort of Toyota - even a Solara might have worked:
http://urbanracer.com/articles/anmviewer.asp?a=1353

Good luck with your project and please stay in touch.

Kind regards,
Phil

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 12-04-2013 at 11:32 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote