View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
normalsalaryman
Stock

normalsalaryman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
No, it's not normal for the W58 to be paired with the 2jz-gte...at least not from a Supra. Perhaps it's from an Aristo?

Apologies not sure how much power the W58 will hold, since it did not come in the Mkiv Supra Turbo. Perhaps another forum member can help...

I'm sorry to say that the upgraded ecu, exhaust system and intercooler would provide little to no power increase. Who on earth told you to do these modifications? Since you asked us for "inputs", here is my first one (seriously): forever stop listening to that person in reference to your 2jz-gte swap.

The way you increase power in the 2jz-gte is to provide more boost. For that, you need (1) higher octane race fuel to keep the engine from being damaged, and (2) you need to keep the wastegate from opening as soon. You also need to (3) prevent fuel cut (which is an oem safeguard against boosting over oem levels using regular pump gas*). A downpipe is your #(4) mod, which removes the oem catalytic converters so the turbos spool quicker&harder. Please do some reading on "BPU" in the FAQ section, and here. After you've done that reading, please ask more questions.

Happy to help,
Phil

* See modification #(1). Modification #(2)+#(3) are only safe because you'll be using race fuel. Since modification #(3) bypasses the oem overboost safeguard, you must run race fuel or your 2jz-gte will get damaged when you raise your 2jz-gte's boost (using mod#(2)). If/when you switch back to pump gas, you need to eliminate the wastegate modification #(2).
thx for the advice pwpanas.

most of the 2jzgte or 1jzgte engine that is sold in my country at least 90% of them were always paired to a 5spd w58 gearbox and i dont know why.

the car is still in body rigids steps so basicaly reinforced everything that need to be reinforced while im traveling to CAL at the moment hunting for parts, just bought the sets of hks coilover so far, so any idea what i should get next for the engine? so i cant provided any pic of the engine parts backhome.

and all the upgrades i have listed above upgraded ECU,bigger pipping and intercoler was just an anticipated mods,who knows i would like to go MORE.
well the guy who was told me to get those upgraded has the fastest turbo evo in my country and to be honest there were none smarter turbo guy than him in my country and its suck to have such a small choice of mechanic that you can choose from..

so you were saying fastest way to increase the engine power is not to let the boost off right? because i was thinking of not running any BOV at all,beside i love those zututu flutter sound,

my question is will it safe to run no BOV on this engine? and the blocking oem wastegate would be the same with running with no BOV? and what is the maximum boost number that oem TT can produce?

the info that i manage to collect from trolling pretty much of the 2jz forum, many of them were saying on w58 tranny you can hold max between 500-700hp..can you back me up with that info if you have time?

and do you think i need to get new fuel pump?since my stock fuelpump was for N/A engine,if yes what sort of fuel pump i should get?

thx

matt
normalsalaryman is offline   Reply With Quote