View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #3
IchibanEye
Stock

IchibanEye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
You're supposed to have some negative camber. Measure it and see if it's actually off or if the other side is off.... possibly both are. The control arms on the MKIII are pretty robust. With some of the higher end builds they can use replacement but generally the only remotely common problem is the tabs for the sway bar end links rusting and breaking off. If the bar is bent someone more likely kissed a curb. It's also quite possible that the bushings are gone to the point that there a good amount of slop in the suspension geometry. If everything else in the suspension is in good shape the stock hardware will accommodate a significant amount drop and still adjust within spec.
@cre I inspected the arms/bars and all is fine. However I will have to inspect the bushings much closer.

I talked to the previous owner and assumed he had redone all of the rear suspension components and bushings when he completely re-did/replaced all of the front suspension components, I was wrong.

I will eventually put all new stuff in the rear but do not want to drop the coin on all of the at the moment. I will just try to fix the one issue for now.

It just baffles me as to how far the difference is between the two rear wheels. Based on what you said I am guessing the bushings are mush. Thanks for the heads up and ill keep you posted.

However on other lowered cars I have owned I was able to have a neutral stance when it came to wheel alignment/toe/camber and the such. Sounds like I can not get to factory specs with my lowered Supra however.

Thank you sir.