View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 03:48 AM   #1
IchibanEye
Stock

IchibanEye is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Possible 1988 7mgte complete/running car purchase

Here is a what the seller emailed me about the car along with pictures.

"I have over $10k invested in this car.
Some of what has been done to the car.
Engine was bored .020 over and crank was done .010-.010, rotating assembly was balanced and crank scraper was added for oil control.
Replaced the head with a lightly ported N/A head and cams to give it more low end power, ARP head studs and metal head gasket installed.
All new belts and hoses throughout the engine.
Rebuilt Power Steering Pump.
New Starter, new A/C pump-dryer-expansion valve and converted to R-134 blows nice and cold.
Turbo replaced with a stock turbo.
Lots of parts replaced during complete rebuild. . .
Upgraded the exhaust with 3" elbow off the turbo and all 3" exhaust out the back. Mufflers free flow but are not loud like a "can", car sounds more like a European sports car.
K&N FIPK air filter and new Mass Air flow sensor.
New Clutch, U-joints and carrier bearing.
Front suspension was rebuilt with new ball joints and urethane bushings.
All electronic Struts (TEMS) replaced along with Eibach lowering springs.
New front drill / slotted rotors, new calibers all the way around with stainless break lines, installed fall 2011.
New wheels and BFG tires installed April 2012 with about 7,000 miles on them.
Upgraded the steering wheel to one from a 1989. Tail lights are 89 from Japan (the darker red color).
Pioneer Stereo with XM satellite receiver, 100W speakers with Amp + (2) 8' subs with amp.

Have some extra parts that go with the car:
Stock Wheels, R154 trans, miscellaneous engine and interior parts, complete set of factory dealer maintenance manuals.
Car runs and drives great, very dependable and fun to drive. I would not hesitate taking it across country, as I've driven it to Lake Havasu twice a year the last couple of years for vacations. I hadn't planned on getting rid of this car but my new job required a newer 4 door car and I have too many vehicles."

We also spoke on the phone for over an hour about the car and his mechanical background and experience with cars. We are meeting up next week so I can see and drive the car. It's not my first vehicle purchase but it will be my first Supra purchase, btw this is the make/model I have always wanted to buy when I did buy one.

I have done some reading on the various builds/mods on this platform on the internet and other forums and I feel that a lot of the work/steps for upgrading and reliability have already been done for me. If I purchase her I plan on restoring the interior, laying down some new paint and getting her around 550bhp.

The seller is asking $4500 If it the car is legit I'm going to offer him 4 large and run with it! What do you think?

I would appreciate owner/experienced feedback on this possible buy from my fellow Supra brothers. Sorry this is so damn long. I look forward to your comments. Thanks
IchibanEye is offline   Reply With Quote